Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dreaming of Italian sunshine

Here I am again.

It seems I was here back in 1999, but on the other side of the lira. A friend of mine started planning a large group trip to Italy, and I started getting excited about it. It was everything that I wanted it to be. That was in 2002.

Now, it's 2007 and I'm dreaming of going back. I want to visit the family that I didn't get to meet last time, see the southern side of the country, bask in the warm sunshine with the old friends who are still around and new friends who didn't get to go last time. The model for the last trip worked extremely well, I've been on a few trips with other friends since then, and I've learned a lot.

I'm going to start planning this now. The goal will be a trip sometime in three or four years time. It should give me (and everyone else) enough time to figure out what it entails and how to do it.

This time, though, I want to speak Italian better than I did last time. And I don't want to repeat my mistakes from the last trip or any other trip in between.

Why?

It sounds good to me.

- A.M.