Tuesday, July 1, 2008

H2O + NaCL

In a few short hours, I will be (as far as I know) internet free. I am heeding the call of Cape Cod, my second home for more than half of my life. Sam and I are heading down for the better part of the week into the weekend, mostly to get away, but also to celebrate our anniversary.

One year. Feels like yesterday that we got married. And then, it felt like another day and another party. Are we strange in that respect? Some couples tell me that it was such a whirlwind that they barely remember it. Others tell me that it was the best day of their life. It was more the latter for me, and it was a distinct pleasure to have my WHOLE family together for the first time.

That said, my family size keeps changing. Some people who came last year, I wouldn't invite again. There are more people now that I would insist on having there. I'm happy to report that my wedding party would be exactly the same. Maybe I would have included dad a little more, but he seemed happy to relax and not worry about a thing except taking pictures.

Which is part of the plan for the Cape. I plan on doing a LOT of photography. I'm been using the term "metric ton" lately, and I'd like to use it now, but I'll refrain. But the camera is fully charged, the CF card is empty, and I plan on shooting from almost the moment I walk out the door. I want to play with my new flash, do some portrait photography.

Mostly, though, I want to relax.